Sunday, March 29, 2009

White Chocolate Cointreau Mousse

White Chocolate Mousse

DSC00882

For the past 5 Saturdays,  I have had the opportunity to be the pastry instructor to a group of wonderful women.  The photo above is from one of the recipes in our class, and I have to say the mousse was done perfectly and it looks wonderful against the strip of rich Berry Coulis.  Ladies, if you ever read this, you surpassed all my expectations and produced fabulously flavorful and beautiful pastries!  Bravo! 



White Chocolate Cointreau Mousse

Makes about a quart

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 ½ cups white chocolate, chopped

4 Tbl Cointraeu

1 Tbs. orange zest

2 cups heavy cream



Method:

1. In a small sauce pan, bring the ½ cup of cream just to a boil. Remove from the heat.

2. Pour over the chocolate, cover, and let sit for 2-3 minutes.

3. Whisk until smooth. Let the ganache cool to room temperature.

4. Combine the Cointraeu, orange zest and ganache. Set aside.

5. Whip the remaining cream to medium peaks.

6. Sacrifice some of the whipped cream into the ganache.

7. Fold in the remaining whipped cream.

DSC00879

Here is the photo of the complete plate; 

White Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Coulis
Almond Tuile Cookie
Dark Chocolate Mousse w/whipped cream, and a raspberry
Chocolate Ganache Truffle

Enjoy!

Chef Deb

Update:  Longmont Farmer's Market begins:  May 2, 2009.  LFM Recipes will begin soon

***I will be doing  Wednesday Boulder Farmer's Market Tours & Dinner: 
                    Beginning Wednesday May 20, 2009 $45 per person 5:30-8:30

Sign up for Wednesday Farmer's Market Tour & Dinner: Take a cooks tour of BFM with Chef Deb.
We meet at the BF Market:
  •  talk to the farmers and producers,
  •  taste, touch, and smell only the freshest local ingredients 
  •  Help the chef choose the evenings dinner selections
  • head back to The Cook's Studio on Arapaho Rd
  • Cook our market selections as a group with your own private chef to answer questions, and to help with techniques.
  • Enjoy a relaxed meal,  and savor your own Farm to Table dinner.
  • Let us do all the cleaning
  • Sign up for your next Wednesday Farmer's Market Tour!
Longmont Farmers Market Tours & Dinner coming soon!

See you at the Market!

Chef Deb


2 comments:

Kimberly Kay said...

How do we sign up for the Farmer's Market tour/class? Should I just stay tuned?

Chef Deb T said...

Hi Kimberly,

Great Question!

I will post sign up instructions after the first week in April ( around the 8th or 9th).

In addition to sign up info, I will provide more details about each Wednesday Market tour.

For example: I will usually pick the protein before each Market tour and I will post my selection with the corresponding dates. I need to do this in advance because all the meat at the Farmer's Market is frozen, and it will not be defrosted in time for our class. That being said, I will always be open to having more then one choice of an entree. Of course, I can accommodate vegetarians, just let me know at registration.

The beauty of Market Inspired Meals is, I leave the choices completely up to the class. When I was a student in France, we did this EVERY morning and it was an incredible culinary experience!

I am so glad you are interested. This is going to be so much fun! I really cannot wait.....

Soon,

Chef Deb