Sunday, October 19, 2008

The First, Longmont Farmer's Market Community Lunch

We ARE a Community...
I am still very moved by this Saturday's turnout of volunteers.


Thank you 2

In the past, I would always invite the vendors to stop by the stand to sample each weeks recipes. But it turned out many were unable to do so because they were either too busy or they were the only ones attending to their stands. As a food pusher, this was always disappointing to me, as I was here for everyone; Longmont shoppers and the farmers. 

Then I had this idea, but I needed a bunch of help..

I had hoped I could coax a few people to give up some of their Saturday to help deliver food to the farmer's and vendors, many of which donate the food I sample out each week.  

The response was better then I had hoped.  Cindy Torres, the market manager, is always talking to me about creating value, and community at the LFM.  Well, this Saturday, fourteen volunteers took a simple act of delivering food and turned it into the act of a sharing community. I can rate it right up there with some of my best culinary moments. It was a joy working beside each of you and I want to personally and publicly, say...

Thank you, to:
Susan S.
Sharon E.
Jenn and Dave M.
Julie B and Scott S.
Gunther and Adrienne S.
Marcy and Parker N.
Lorraine Cope "the meat lady"
Lori L. 
Chris W.
Danielle A. 

A special Thanks to:
*The Culinary School of the Rockies donated boxes of vegetables, pears and Culinary Instructor  Marilyn Kakudo made the Gingerbread Pear Cake. www.culinaryschoolrockies.com

*My friend and Chocolatier, Robin Autorino, of Robin Chocolates provide the volunteers a little gift of chocolates. Robin lives in Longmont and she is starting to really see her chocolate business take off. Visit her @  www.robinChocolates.com

* Fred at Miller Farms- for loading my little car with produce to pull this whole thing off.
http://www.millerfarms.net

*Ewell at Pachamama Farms, for letting me grab more as we began to run out.
http://www.pachamamafarm.com

* Honeyacre Beef for helping supply all those Beef Short Ribs. www.honeyacre.com
  
* Full Circle Farms (a.k.a. Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch)- The stand who gave us emergency greens!  http://www.rockymtnpumpkinranch.com

Thank you for making the Longmont Farmer's Market Community Lunch a success!
You made the vendors very happy and I am one very proud Chef!

All my best,
Chef Deb





DSC00405

DSC00417

DSC00408

DSC00415

Adrienne

DSC00425

DSC00409

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chef Deb and Friends,
Amazing success! Thank you for filling our tummy's and taking such good care of us!

Fina